[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.9.2rc1

Magnus Homann magnus at homann.se
Tue Jan 22 02:37:23 EST 2008

Tim Sutton wrote:
>So not wanting to
> deviate from our release schedule, but at the same time wanting to
> indicate the fact that there are a number of unresolved issues, we
> will be going about the normal release process, but releasing as QGIS
> 0.9.2rc1 (rc signifying release candidate). It is our hope that by
> building packages and making a rc release we can give early adopters
> ready to use binaries to commence more detailed testing and bug
> reporting. We will follow up 0.9.2rc1 with a bug triage release
> focusing on stabilising new features and improving render performance.

How does this sudden change of plans interact with revions upgrade
functionality?

<rant>

When I implemented functionality to take project files from one release
to another, I followed the releas plan that was on the Web. After 0.9.1,
there would be 0.9.2, and then work continue with 0.9.3. Now, I have no
idea how you want to note the difference in releases in the project
files, if at all. What about changes between release candidates?

Personally, I think we should stick to the original plan. What's next,
release 0.9.2.rc2a-VI-svn12345? It's just getting silly.

</rant>

(Time for morning coffe...)