[Qgis-developer] Last minute icon updates for 0.9.2rc1

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Mon Jan 28 04:53:55 EST 2008

Tim,

thanks a lot for that. It makes the UI so much more appealing
(and we all know how important that is in this world ;).

One thing I need to say, though: I have used QGIS for teaching
GIS newbies these past one or two years and the number one source
of confusion was always the visual similarity of the GRASS and
"regular" layer adding icons. People frequently "mis-clicked"
those.

I can see that you have already worked on that and made the two
more different, but believe me, with a lot of people out there having
rather poor vision and colour blindness, an even stronger contrast would
be preferable.

Any chance you could try and increase the difference even more? I am
a bit at a loss for smart ideas, but how about taking all of the green
from the non-GRASS layer icons and stamping a big, fat "G" on the
GRASS ones?

Cheers,

Benjamin

--