[Qgis-developer] QGIS Building Error

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 20:34:35 EST 2008

Hi Marco,

I think you might have a problem which the definition of GEOS_INLINE. I do not have Windows or MSYS but I have seen this error.

This was a MinGW bug in GEOS 3.0.0rc3. It was fixed for MinGW in rc4 but broke other platforms including Mac which I use. I proposed a solution which fixed other platforms for rc5 and hopefully did not break MinGW again.

Look at the GEOS inline.cpp/h files. There are MinGW-specific conditionals there. Make sure that the same values are used both for building GEOS and QGIS.

It looks like the missing functions are not in the library because GEOS_INLINE was defined for the library but not in QGIS because GEOS_INLINE was not defined for QGIS.

Tom