[Qgis-developer] [info] openstreetmap shapefile data

kimaidou michael.douchin at laposte.net
Thu Jul 3 06:53:52 EDT 2008

Hi list
Looking the python plugins ideas on the wiki, I saw that someone wanted to
be able to see opentreetmap data within qgis.
I like the idea very much, since openstreetmap is increasing very fast the
amount of data in mainy countries around the world.

I just would like to share a link I found googling about openstreetmap :
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/

In this page, you will find daily updates of european openstreetmap data in
shapefile format.
It is so good I couldn't close my mouth for a while....
I let you have a look !!

So it is a bit different from directly accessing openstreetmap data, but for
a start...

Michael