[Qgis-developer] [info] openstreetmap shapefile data

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jul 3 07:00:13 EDT 2008

kimaidou ha scritto:

> In this page, you will find daily updates of european openstreetmap data in
> shapefile format.
> It is so good I couldn't close my mouth for a while....
> I let you have a look !!
>
> So it is a bit different from directly accessing openstreetmap data, but for
> a start...

The idea behind the plugin is to use OSM data directly, including the
editing and the upload of new traces, thus effectively replacing the
"official" josm (java, brrr) editing tool.
It shouldn't be *too* difficult: the OSM XML is well documented, it
should "only" be parsed back and forth.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *