Re: [Qgis-developer] Qgis core doesn´t import

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:36:55 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Gustavo Ces <g.ces at pettra.es> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     i´m a newbie in Qgis, after using other Gis software. I was reading
> about qgis plugin program and installed all stuff, but still have a problem.
> I have installed Qgis 0.10, enthought python 2.5, windows python extensions
> for 2.5 and pyQt4. I have Qgis\python path in my PYTHONPATH variable but
> when i try :
>
> from qgis.core import * ( in pythonwin)
>
> then it says it can´t find one module or library... In Qgis python
> interpreter these sentence works perfectly. How can i solve this?

Hi Gustavo,

I think there are two possibilities:
1. you've set PYTHONPATH variable incorrectly - check whether the path
to qgis bindings is really included:
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.path

2. windows can't find qgis_core.dll - you should add QGIS directory
containing this DLL to PATH variable.

Regards
Martin