[Qgis-developer] Last thing before branching Metis

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jul 12 03:50:27 EDT 2008

Hi All

I will branch tonight (SA time), there are three last things to resolve:

  - Maciej can you test my solution for #1141? I'll probably just
commit my change if I dont hear from you since I dont think it should
cause any side effects.

  - Peter Ersts any more thoughts on the unit test? We have two
options - release QGIS with the broken (but valid) test, or update the
control images with the slightly uneasy feeling of not knowing why
rendering is producing slightly different output. Can you tell me
which option you prefer?

 - Marco in order to fix the unit test for quickprint, I had to modify
src/gui/qgsquickprint.cpp like this

   229   int myOriginalDpi = mpMapRender->outputDpi();
 +230   //sensible default to prevent divide by zero
 +231   if (0==myOriginalDpi) myOriginalDpi=96;
   232   QSize myOriginalSize = mpMapRender->outputSize();
   233   int mySymbolScalingAmount = myPrintResolutionDpi / myOriginalDpi;

   The problem seems to be that mpMapRender->outputDpi() returns zero
in some or all situations which seems wrong to me. I remember you were
doing some work in this area with the rendercontext stuff. Do you have
any idea whats happening here? My change prevents the crash for now
but output is pretty wonky with very large symbols.

Many thanks all, I'll post an announcement tonight once I have branched.

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
openModeller Desktop Developer
niche modelling tool
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux