[Qgis-developer] Re: Last thing before branching Metis

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Jul 12 07:34:27 EDT 2008

Tim, Jürgen,

Regarding Jürgen's recent commit:

> Author: jef Date: 2008-07-12 05:18:52 -0400 (Sat, 12 Jul 2008) New
> Revision: 8759
>
> Modified: trunk/qgis/src/core/qgsspatialrefsys.cpp
> trunk/qgis/src/plugins/grass/qgsgrassnewmapset.cpp
> trunk/qgis/src/providers/grass/qgsgrassprovider.cpp Log: fix #1141 by
>  fixing #1120 differently.
>
> I still don't see why r8592 has an effect, except calling
> OSRImportFromProj4() in locale "C". Just setting LC_NUMERIC probably
> resolves the side effects leading to #1141 without reopening #1120.
>
> But there might be - even more subtle - side effects left - watch
> out.

I tested it and seems all issues mentioned in bugs #1141 and #1120 are
fixed. Great! For side effects - what could they be?

What about this remaining thing:

> There is still also an outstanding bug in map composer - removing an
> item in the map composer is not saved in the project:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/924

Any chances it would be fixed? It prevents from re-using exisiting map
compositions fully - if when composing the map one adds and removes an
element and saves the project, at the next project load the map
composition element will be present back, corrupting your final map
composition.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka