[Qgis-developer] Re: Labels in OS X

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Sat Jul 12 16:15:02 EDT 2008

If you haven't already checked, open the Attribute Table display and check the label column. If the column is ok, do the following.

In core/qgslabel.cpp, add the line

qDebug() << "Label:" << text;

after the block:

/* Text */
value = fieldValue ( Text, feature );
if ( value.isEmpty() )
{
  text = mLabelAttributes->text();
}
else
{
  text = value;
}

Also add the line "#include <QDebug>" to the top of the file.

The new debug line should be line 116.

Build and run qgis from a terminal and you will see the label text extracted from the features. It should be the same as displayed in the attribute table. If the text is complete, the problem is in the next ~300 lines and more qDebug lines can be added to find it.

Tom