[Qgis-developer] New MSYS Icon for GRASS Toolbox

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:26:45 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

> Which one is your suggested replacement? the 'M' Icon? Personally I
> think its bad to use icons with letters on icons - I've been gradually
> doing away with them in QGIS UI. People who use chinese etc
> charactersets will get no meaning from letters. My preference would be
> for something like the icon used in kde4 console (attached).

Yes, I agree. The "console-like" icon is definetly better.
I created that icon to just replace the original MSYS icon used in msys.bat
shortcuts and in rxvt.exe (manually hacked)
I choosed the simple "M" way, because when used as 16 px icon (as usual in
MS Windows title bars) is definetely more readable than a more complicated
(but better) graphic icon.
This said, I definetely agree that, for the GRASS Toolbox command "GRASS
Shell", the attacched icon is a lot better; but when the command is
launched, the msys.bat (and rxvt.exe) file is called, showing the "big M"
icon, against the original MSYS one; just that :-)

Regards,

Marco