[Qgis-developer] New MSYS Icon for GRASS Toolbox

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Jul 15 11:04:05 EDT 2008

Hi Marco

2008/7/15 Marco Pasetti <marcopstt at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently released WinGRASS-6.3.0-4 (even still not uploaded on the osgeo
> server): in this release I added the JPEG support and other "minor" changes
> (see
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass63/binary/mswindows/native/README.html#Binary%20Release%20History);
> about these minor changes, there's one not mentioned in the list, but I
> think that could be added also in the QGIS GRASS Toolbox: I created a new,
> simple, icon for MSYS (IMHO, the original one, the ugliest icon ever seen);

Agreed the icon is not good

> you can see that here:
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass63/binary/mswindows/native/README.html#Launching%20GRASS;
> yes, it's very simple, but IMHO it looks a little bit better, and it's very
> "usable", also in small sizes.

Which one is your suggested replacement? the 'M' Icon? Personally I
think its bad to use icons with letters on icons - I've been gradually
doing away with them in QGIS UI. People who use chinese etc
charactersets will get no meaning from letters. My preference would be
for something like the icon used in kde4 console (attached).

Best regards

Tim