quoting style (was: Re: R: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.11.0 'Metis' -Call for packaging)

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Jul 19 06:42:40 EDT 2008

Hi Marco,

On Sat, 19. Jul 2008 at 11:48:55 +0200, Marco Pasetti wrote:
> >>P.S. Please reply below messages.

> >Just that you don't feel alone in this:

> just a few notes: you should know that not on all systems you can choose
> how to reply; on windows mail top posting is the default;

Even worse: Some people are even forced to use Outlook, although they
would use something else otherwise.

> I always try to avoid top posting, that means that I need, each time,
> to remove the automatic "reply" lines and take care to avoid top
> posting....

Good move. Thanks.

> but sometimes I need to reply "on the fly", so I forgive to do that.
> I'm afraid about that, but, please, be comprehensive :)

Sure, I'm not blaming anyone.  I'm just saying that I appreciate
"traditional" replies - and that it's not just about the order.

Jürgen

PS: Did anyone notice that I didn't call it Outbreak this time? ;)

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden