[Qgis-developer] grass database

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jul 22 07:25:32 EDT 2008

Hi all.
While testing grass modules, I noticed some weird thing.
To connect to a pg database, the user apparently must:
- run db.connect(.schema) giving:
Driver name (pg)
Database name
"host=faunalia.it,dbname=database_name" (with comma and maybe quotes)
nameoftheschema
- run db.login giving
Database name
host=faunalia.it dbname=prova_leo (with space, no comma, no quotes)
username
password
This seems a bit more complicated than necessary. I suggest:
- to have consistent syntax
- to put each variable in a different space, separating host and db_name
- to merge the two modules into one, so user must enter Driver name,
host, dbname only once.
If everybody agrees, the change should be simple to do.
I'm filling a ticket for this.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *