[Qgis-developer] Planning for QGIS 1.0.0 '????'

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Jul 25 05:42:56 EDT 2008

Hi all

With the release of 0.11.0 mostly behind us, here is the abridged
proposed timeline for releasing 1.0.0:

Three weeks before - feature freeze  : 25 August 2008
Two weeks before - call for translations : 1 September 2008
One week before - branch & call for packaging : 8 September 2008
Day of release : 15 September 2008

Please note that as always with a release events may cause delays in
the release program, so consider these dates a working guide, not a
contract cast in stone.

Focus for the release (that I am aware of):
 - complete port to Qt4 and remove Qt3Support dependencies (pretty
much just GRASS) - Tim (may need help for the raster calculator)
 - rewrite of labelling - Martin???
 - merge of map composer branch - Marco
 - menu overhaul - Tom
 - final checkthrough of core and gui API
 - merge of generica database access - Godofrodo (is this still on the
table for 1.0?)
 - complete update and editorial review of user manual (community team)
 - complete update of QGIS web site (community team - is this doable
to coincide with 1.0?)
 - anything else (other than obviously bug fixing)??

In between getting 1.0.0 we shall try to make a 0.11.1 bugfix release
in the coming week or two, mainly to merge in any 'missed the boat'
fixes from the 0.11.0 release.

I have set up a new release checklist for 1.0.0 here:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ReleaseChecklist1.0 - I encourage you to
subscribe to that page if you would like to keep informed on the
release program progress.

Finally please note that the above url is using the new colour coded
checklist - I've assigned various task to various people - please take
a look there and let me know if you have any issue with the things I
put your name against. This applies to  Tim Sutton, Marco Hugentobler,
Otto Dassau, Anne Ghisla, Richard Duivenvoorde, Maning, Paolo
Cavallini, Release team all

Best regards and happy hacking!

--
Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net