[Qgis-developer] Re: [DebianGIS] Qgis: who's who?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Jul 25 08:41:05 EDT 2008

Hi Frankie,

On Fri, 25. Jul 2008 at 10:40:57 +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Still no news from people interested in supporting Qgis in Debian.
> But for having a debian/ upstream tree we need basically:

>  1. Reviewing of that tree in respect with comments by ftpmasters
>     && 3.8.0 policy && best practices.

I cleaned the debian/changelog upstream and what I added is to the best
of my knowledge.  I work on unstable and try to keep the debian/ branch
uptodate as I use it to build qgis.

It would be nice to know, if there's still something wrong.

You also mentioned GRASS regressions before, but never really told us
what they were.

>  2. One or more people in charge in order to follow both upstream
>     development AND Debian policy and modify the debian/ tree as
>     required; follow multi-arch building; providing patches;
>     etc.

The upstream debian/ tree reflects the little I know about the Debian
policy.  So I'm probably not qualified to do that either.

> Qgis had already in the past a bad mantainance history, we should
> avoid a third round like that. Of course, I'm available for sponsoring
> uploads when required.

Where can I read up on that?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden