[Qgis-developer] error in vector split plugin

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jul 25 09:08:45 EDT 2008

Hi C.
I have a very long filename:
fix_uso_modello_random_tutti_anni_grass.shp
could it be a reason?

In  /home/paolo/Desktop/Lia_GRASS/ as well as in
/home/paolo/Desktop/Christopher/ it does not work, in
/home/paolo/Desktop/ it does.

cfarmer ha scritto:

>> Additionally, now it's more difficult to select a folder.
>
> Really? how so?

I press on Browse, then up a folder, but Choose is unactivated. I have
to select the folder to be able to choose the folder.
If I remember correctly, I could select the folder I was into, without
the need to go up one level and click on the folder name (two extra
clicks required, potentially confusing). But it's obviously a very minor
thing.
If I select a subfoder respect to the one I was trying (unsuccessfully)
to split mt vector before, qgis freezes and on the shell I get:

Debug:
/home/paolo/Desktop/build/qgis-0.10.0/src/core/qgsvectorlayer.cpp: 148:
(~QgsVectorLayer) In QgsVectorLayer destructor

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0xfffffffe71531290, cause 'memory not mapped'

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace

I select 3, then qgis exits and:

Exception thread.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <class
'thread.error'> ignored

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
All the best.
--