[Qgis-developer] Planning for QGIS 1.0.0 '????'

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Jul 31 16:26:58 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

I filed a ticket about this [1].  It includes links to the GEOS ticket,
changeset and the qgis patch.

On Thu, 31. Jul 2008 at 14:04:46 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Ways to address it:
> - patch upstream geos and wait for change to get into repos (loooong
>   time?)

There's already a changeset, so that didn't take that loooong.  But you
are right: I don't know when the next GEOS release is and when the
distributions will pick the new release up.

> - figure out a workaround to be able to use unpatched geos

The GEOS patch only adds a C-API call to get the cut edges from the GEOS
polygonizer.  Which is only used for splitting polygons for
QgsMapToolSplitFeatures (see src/core/qgsgeometry.cpp:4689 [2]).

I must admit, that I'm not really sure if it's just a sanity check,
which we might - at least temporary - disable.  Or disable (again
temporarily) the whole split feature feature.

Jürgen

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1193
[2] http://doc.qgis.org/classQgsGeometry.html#f7c34f79bac9b647d0700bd7e43fe673

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden