R: [Qgis-developer] ECW support again

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Tue Jun 10 10:26:07 EDT 2008

Hi Paolo,

sit down and listen: it could be a long job to do;

MinGW sometimes has problems linking against MSVC libraries, specially GDAL if built with MinGW: forget it!

You need to build GDAL (with ECW support) using Visual Studio, then you need to build GRASS (using MinGW)and then again GDAL with GRASS support (with VS).
This done, you need to build some things over (with MinGW), and then finally build QGIS with CMake.

See my BuldingGuide for more information:

http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/qgis+grass/BuildFromSource.html <http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/qgis+grass/BuildFromSource.html>

see also

http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/grass/BuildFromSource.html <http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/grass/BuildFromSource.html>

Regards,