[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.11.0 feature freeze

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Mon Jun 16 11:08:03 EDT 2008

Tim Sutton wrote:
>  - We are implementing a GUI freeze as of today (as part of QGIS
> 0.11.0 release process) and extending up to QGIS 1.0 so that
> documentation team have ~2 months lead time to get the documentation
> ready before QGIS 1.0,

This is the first I have heard of a GUI freeze extending up to QGIS 1.0. I am STRONGLY opposed to this. I do not think the GUI is ready for release and was expecting the final release cycle leading up to 1.0 to be a time to improve the interface without worrying about new features.

Major announcements such as this should be made at the beginning of a cycle so that anyone with issues has some time to do something. Since there was no prior notice, I would like to see a GUI review during the time leading up to 0.11.0 with changes resulting from this review to be added during the first two weeks after 0.11.0.

Tom