[Qgis-developer] Re: Qgis app bundle script

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jun 19 19:45:41 EDT 2008

Ah, right, until it's fixed in the source:

The paths all depend on where you have your source and where you
install Qgis, so I won't give explicit paths here.  After installing,
open the qgis app package (right-click, Show Package Contents).  Dig
into Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/qgis to find core.so and
gui.so.  (I do this to easily get the path so I don't have to type it
in the Terminal)

In a Terminal, type

otool -L

(that's a space after the L) and drag gui.so to the Terminal window.
Press return.

Towards the top should be a line for libqgis_gui.0.11.dylib and a line
for libqgis_core.0.11.dylib.  Type:

sudo install_name_tool -change [/path/to/libqgis_gui.dylib]
@executable_path/lib/libqgis_gui.dylib -change [/path/to/
libqgis_core.dylib] @executable_path/lib/libqgis_core.dylib [drag
gui.so to Terminal]

for the /path/to/libqgis_*.dylib above, copy and paste what you found
for the full path to each library in otool -L.

For example *this is just for mine* :

sudo install_name_tool -change /Users/Shared/src/qgis/svn/qgis_r8652/
build-leo/src/gui/libqgis_gui.0.11.dylib @executable_path/lib/
libqgis_gui.dylib -change /Users/Shared/src/qgis/svn/qgis_r8652/build-
leo/src/core/libqgis_core.0.11.dylib @executable_path/lib/
libqgis_core.dylib /Applications/qgis0.11.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/
qgis/python/qgis/gui.so

Do the same for core.so.  You can just up-arrow to get the previous
command and change gui.so to core.so at the very end of the command.
It doesn't matter that core.so doesn't have libqgis_gui.dylib in it,
it will ignore that.

Run otool -L on them again to verify the change.