[Qgis-developer] Projection-support in QGIS w/ WMS

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Fri Jun 20 09:08:23 EDT 2008

Hallo Marco,

Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>, [20080620 -
14:40:52]

> Hi Stephan,
>
> The problem with the projection-support is that srs matching doesn't
> work together with all gdal versions (e.g. it works for gdal-1.4).
>
> For version 0.11.0, it is planned to be compatible with gdal 1.5 and
> higher for srs definitions. Richard, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Good to hear!

> Ticket 1115 works for me with the current svn version. I think it is
> a different issue, because with WMS, there is lookup with epsg number
> and not with proj4 string.

Yes, (as usual), you are right. The problem is different; we use UMN
MapServer as WMS with PostGIS-layers. Since UMN does not calculate the
BBOX dynamically for PGIS-layers, the resulting BoundingBox in the
GetCaps was wrong. Setting wms_extent within the layer solved that and
QGIS is now able to show the layers.

Again, thanks for your hint!

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998