[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] vector editing in QGIS - questions and issues (PostGIS biased)

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Mar 4 14:28:56 EST 2008

Marco Hugentobler pisze:

> I changed the behaviour now such that the snapping settings is only changed if
> the user really opened the project snapping dialog and clicked 'ok'.

Do you mean you submitted it to SVN? I'm asking because I can't see it
in the commit ML.

> I'm quite open to suggestions about what reasonable defaults should be (this
> was the main point of our discussion below). Possibilities are:

> - snap to editing layer with default tolerance but not to background layers.
> This is the current default and the suggestion of Micha.
> And it's the same as the behaviour prior to the merge of the advanced editing
> branch (it was not possible then to snap to background layers)

> - snap to all vector layers using default snapping tolerance. This was what
> Maciej suggested below.

Before I think of it again, can you please first let me know if the two
in "Snapping options":

1. tolerance set to 0 and the layer checked
2. tolerance set to anything and the layer not checked

result both in snapping disabled? I guess they are supposed to, but want
to make sure.

Maciek