[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Building image pyramids -> qgis crashing

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Mar 8 12:20:34 EST 2008

Mikhail Umorin pisze:

> It's a longstanding gdal bug for
> updating compressed .tiff tiles. The only
> known workaround is to disable compression.

In Trac [1] Frank says the bug is fixed in "GDAL 1.4.4 with internal
libtiff, or libtiff 3.9 (from CVS)".

I confirm. Checked in QGIS trunk r8190, built against GDAL 1.5.0+SVN
2008-03-04 (internal libtiff). No crashes building overviews in QGIS
whatsoever. Checked with several Byte and Uint16 GeoTIFFs, all having
colortables, compressed with lzw, deflate or packbits.

Maciek

[1]https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/605