cleanups (was Re: [Qgis-developer] Next release name - 'Metis')

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue May 13 18:38:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, 13. May 2008 at 08:24:22 +0200, Hugentobler  Marco wrote:
> It would also be good to make code cleaning sometime, e.g. cleaning
> out old comments and legacy code. I'm however not sure if developers
> have enough time to do that for the next release. I can imagine the
> 'code cleaning festival' one release after the 'performance boosting
> festival' (so probably before 1.0).

I also wanted to address some things:

1. move the remaining debug output using iostream to QgsDebugMsg:

  I created a perl script [1], that needs a little patch[2] to fix some
  cases the script doesn't handle. After running the script you end up
  with patch [3].

2. fix whitespace use (lineendings and identation)

  In the repository there are currently not all files using the same
  lineending causes problems when diffs are transfered.

  I think Tim already prepared an input file for astyle[4] that match
  our coding standards.  Which could use to get a homogenous look.

At least for me this would be really nice.  Most of the time I end up
reformatting code or inventing dumb scripts, instead of doing real work
:)

On Tue, 13. May 2008 at 16:44:49 +0200, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> If there are no further issues or objections, I plan to merge the
> rendercontext-branch back to trunk on Thursday.

Are there more branches about to be committed?  Implementation of the
points above would make it quite hard to merge them...

Jürgen

[1] http://buten.norbit.de/~jef/qgsloggermig.pl
[2] http://buten.norbit.de/~jef/qgslogger-before.diff
[3] http://buten.norbit.de/~jef/qgslogger-after.diff
[4] http://astyle.sourceforge.net/

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden