[Qgis-developer] GRASS toolbox enhancements

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu May 15 04:11:07 EDT 2008

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Benjamin Ducke ha scritto:
>
>> Did you observe this on Win32? There seem to be some problems with
>> progress and message text not being piped from stderr to stdout
>> correctly. I am trying to figure that out at the moment.
>
> Exactly, I tried yesterday for the first time qgis on win, and that is
> the result.

Could you try to narrow it down and check if only certain modules or
module combinations are affected?

>> Seeing that GRASS 6.3.0 is out officially now and so much better than
>> 6.2 (which is also problematic on native Win), I do not see any
>> compelling reasons to support anything < 6.3.0 at this point.
>
> This is easy to do for win, a bit more difficult for other OSs :(
> pc

I guess it would suffice for the GRASS Tools to run g.version and grab
the GRASS version number on initialization, then refuse to run (or show
a warning) if that is < 6.3.0?

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeological Unit Limited
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES