[Qgis-release-team] Re: AW: [Qgis-developer] Next release name - 'Metis'

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri May 16 15:44:30 EDT 2008

On May 16, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Paolo yes your list is about right - I would add to it the gui
> revision I  am doing (though it probably falls under a bug fixing
> exercise if you consider UI inconsistencies to be bugs).

Tim, for your GUI revision, something I keep forgetting about (I
encounter it occassionally, and it hasn't stuck in my brain long
enough to file a bug or mention it, until now): the select dialog box
for rasters, vectors and other file-based sources does not use the
platform open dialog - this may be intentional, either by Qgis or Qt.

But on OSX the Qt open dialog does not show disk or network volumes,
nor does it show invisible files or folders, *including* Mac invisible
(like /Volumes), so it's impossible to navigate to external drives to
load data, unless I make a symlink to them.

I don't know if this ever worked, or if something changed in Qgis or
Qt at some point. It goes back to at least 0.9.0.

Do you need a bug report?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.