[Qgis-developer] Re: ideas for developpers (The Plugins menu)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed May 21 13:04:15 EDT 2008

Hi Borys

Are you running trunk? I recently added filtering option to make it
easier to find stuff in the plugin manager. I have some more changes
planned, so before you do too much work, it may be good to collaborate
a bit. I would like to add a 'category' combo above the plugins list,
and was thinking to make an update to the plugin interface to allow
this. I think I can do this without impacting existing C++ plugins (by
putting a default category of 'undefined' into the plugin abstract
base class. However I'm unsure of the impacts this will have on the
pythonistas out there.

Anyway with the filtering stuff in place you can start tying a few
letters of the plugin you want in the filter box and it will shrink
the list down. The filter box supports regular expressions too.

Regards

Tim