[Qgis-developer] Can't Enable on the fly projection

Niccolo Rigacci qgis at rigacci.org
Sun May 25 13:06:04 EDT 2008

> I get qgis 0.10.0 from debian.gfoss.it and i can't enable
> on the fly projection even if i click on the checkbox.
>
> I get this kind of messages when i run qgis from a terminal :
>
> $ qgis
> Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.

There are some problem with the package made by me.
If you have installed libgdal1-1.5.0-grass make a symbolic link

  ln -s gdal15plugins /usr/lib/gdalplugins

Then there is a problem with projection and Qgis locales, try to
start QGIS after setting the $LANG variable:

export LANG=en_US.UTF-8; qgis

The bug will be fixed in QGIS.

--
Niccolo Rigacci