[Qgis-developer] the new plugin installer

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed May 28 20:02:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

The new Installer is working at pre-alpha stage: GUI is dirty, but basic
duties should work properly. I ask for tests, but first we need some cleaning
in the repositories!

We have there 43 plugins and in only 17 cases the name in the repository and
the one inside plugin are the same. Until now it wasn't so important, but now
we will have to pay more attention to the name and version number, because
Installer identifies plugins by the name.

I've changed all wrong names and version in the xml files to match to the ones
in the __init__.py files. However I don't have the keys to the repository ;)
so I'm asking for applying my changes.

The main repository:

www.bwj.aster.net.pl/temp/pyqgis_plugin.rb

Carson, this one is for you:

www.bwj.aster.net.pl/temp/cfarmerQgisRepo.xml

And Barry, for you:))

www.bwj.aster.net.pl/temp/plugins.xml

Btw. Your update was noticed, so thanks for the first test ;)

I'm going to the field now, so to be continued on Friday. Since that day all
names and versions will must match :)

> Yes the categorization can wait. But those rules for plugin developers
> can be created and define some standard categories. Then it's just a
> matter of bugging the plugin devs to update the plugins to meet the
> rules :)

YESSSS... ;)