[Qgis-developer] QGIS Python support in a library

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:40:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:40 AM, John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org> wrote:
> On May 28, 2008, at 4:28 PM, Martin Dobias wrote:
>> If you build debug version, at some stage during initialization it
>> shows information about success / failure of loading the qgispython
>> library and initializing python. Could you check what does it say?
>>
>> Martin
>
> This is reported:
>
> 5/28/08 5:38:10 PM [0x0-0x4d04d].org.qgis.qgis[7306] Debug:
> /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/src/app/qgisapp.cpp: 385: (QgisApp)
> Couldn't load Python support library.

Ah so when it's already about loading problems of the library I can't
be of much help here - hopefully William or Tom will find out what's
wrong. I suspect there might be problem with ADD_LIBRARY flags in
src/python/CMakeLists.txt. Another point where to take care is that
the qgispython library is loaded with additional flags specified for
QLibrary to force that all symbols from python lib are exported,
otherwise python's not working, see this thread (I had the same
issue):
http://lists.kde.org/?l=pykde&m=117190116820758&w=2

Martin