[Qgis-developer] QGIS Python support in a library

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Thu May 29 12:06:53 EDT 2008

A full path seems to be needed for QLibrary to find libqgispython on a Mac. I don't know if this is a Qt deficiency but did notice other QLibrary instances are using full paths.

After loading libqgispython, I get "Import error: No module named qgis.core" The Python path included with this message did not contain a path to the Mac qgis bundle. I assume it was looking for share/qgis/python/qgis/core.so

All paths for all components probably need to be checked for the Mac. I may not have time to get through everything for at least a day.

I also had problems building the Mac libqgispython. A quick look at CMakeLists.txt suggests this shouldn't be necessary but I needed to manually add the path to libgeos to the generated Makefiles.

Tom