R: [Qgis-developer] GRASS Toolbox list view patch

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri May 30 23:33:16 EDT 2008

Hi

8<-----snip------

> I think having the list expanded, with a "Compress all/expand all"
> button would be the best option. Of course filtering is a great
> thing. In my last course, many people spent more time searching for
> buttons than actually doing analyses!
> Thanks for working on this!

Right I will add compress all and expand all buttons for 0.11.0, and
leave both tree and list views available once. Ill enable the list
view once Ive resolved the rendering issue (its in svn now just
commented out so it doesnt display).

> Also notice that the r.mapcalculator window is too large for many
> screens, so the windows becomes unusable. Better start with only
> two layers selected, and add a +- couple of buttons as it is now in
> r.buffer.

I was also thinking to make the tools open in their own windows. I
hate millions of windows, but my original aim when planning the GRASS
toolbox revision was to put the toolbox in the dock area with the
legend and make the tools themselves independent entities. I might
send out an experimental patch or make it a user option to have tools
either windows or new tabs.

Regards

Tim