[Qgis-developer] Ubuntu 8.10 and QGIS 0.11

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 13:06:58 EST 2008

Alex,
> Well, it appears to be an issue on only some machines possibly related
> to video card drivers and X11 not necessarily qt.
>
> Both 0.11 and 1.0 kore work on a fresh Ubuntu install (tested in virtual
> box) so kde libs are not the solution.
>
> I have an nvidia gforce 8600gm, and tried both the nv and nvidia(177)
> drivers, haven't tried plain vga drivers yet.
>
> Carson: what video card do you have?

I have an intel card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950

I have had quite a bit of graphics card trouble with Intrepid, so I
actually ended up doing a complete reinstall of hardy... Until I hear
some very promising news saying these issues are resolved, I think I'm
going to stick with hardy... sorry I can't be of more help...

Carson