[Qgis-developer] Version number in plugin path - So where the matter was dropped?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Nov 11 10:14:06 EST 2008

What form do we fix? I suggest the following:

def qgisMinimumVersion():
 return '1.0.0'

Where returned string contains two or three (both cases are allowed) integer
values separated by points.

The important question is if we expect one of the values to be more than 9. If
not, we can just compare them as strings. But '10' < '9', so if version
1.0.10 or 1.10.0 is expected, we need to extract each level and compare
separately as integer. In this case we should be prepared that the plugin
author may put some suffix to this string, what might raise exception. In the
former case such suffix will be confusing too, because
'1.0preview2' > '1.0'.

And for repository metadata I suggest the following form:

<qgisMinimumVersion>
1.0.0
</qgisMinimumVersion>

Regards,