[Qgis-developer] libgdal1.5

emmanuel.poizot at cnam.fr emmanuel.poizot at cnam.fr
Thu Nov 13 16:55:30 EST 2008

> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Thu, 13. Nov 2008 at 17:51:15 +0100, Poizot Emmanuel wrote:
>> I just upgrade my os from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10. In this latter version,
>> libgdal is in it's 1.5 version.
>> I made an update also from trunck of QGIS sources and recompile it. I
>> had to make a symbolic link libgdal1.4.0.so to libgdal1.5.0.so.1.12.2 to
>> get it compile.
>
> Check if your libgdal1-dev also was upgraded.   Even in that case you'll
> probably run into a GDAL bug.  We have a gdal package ported from debian
> to ubuntu intrepid that contains a fix for that.
>
>> But at run time QGIS crash, because of libgdal1.5. (I did a "gbd qgis"
>> and "run" discovering it crashed on that library)
>> How can I resolved that ?
>
> You should also upgrade your libgdal1-dev package to 1.5. There
> shouldn't be a need to symlink.
>
> And finally there are yesterday's packages of trunk on
> https://launchpad.net/~jef-norbit - so you could also get away without
> compiling.
>

> Jürgen
>

> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel.
> +49-4931-918175-20
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax.
> +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

Thanks for your quit answer.

I did also updated libgdal-dev in it's last version in the same time and
did it from the (official) sources list.
Where can I found the gdal package you ported from debian to ubuntu
intrepid ?
I did saw the package for intrepid from trunk version, but as I develop my
own plugin, I need to compile from source.