AW: [Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Announcing Qgis-mapper project

Hugentobler Marco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 18 03:56:31 EST 2008

Hi Martin

I'm looking forward to all the enhancements too.

SLD: With the changes Martin described, it will be possible have support for all the elements that can be described with SLD (or at least for all that come to my mind now). Of course the xml reading/writing needs to be provided by QGIS, same as the trolls had to provide reading/writing svg and mapping to QPainter.

By the way, there is also a newer specification called Symbology Encoding (SE). Even if most of the elements are the same as in SLD, we should directly consider this spec for the XML parsing, especially for the  namespaces.

Regards,
Marco