AW: [Qgis-developer] set mapunitsperpixel

Hugentobler Marco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 23 15:51:02 EST 2008

Hi Richard

One possibility is to find out the scale for the current extent and then set the new extent such that it meets your target scale. You then may set the calculated extent with the method QgsMapRenderer::setExtent (or QgsMapCanvas::setExtent is also possible). You may look how it is done in the class QgsComposerMap::setNewScale.

>Another question: in the python console if I do a scale(1), why is the
>map zooming in and out? Shouldn't the bbox stay the same with a 1?

In QgsMapCanvas, C++, there are two methods, one zoom(bool) and one zoom(double). In the python bindings, there is only zoom(bool), so zoom(1) means true (zoom in).

>Looking at the qgsrasterlayer and it seems pretty hard bound to the
>wmsrasterprovider. Am I right?

Yes, there is no other raster provider so far. So it could be that you need to do some changes in the raster classes to implement tmsrasterprovider.

Regards,
Marco