[Qgis-developer] Install fails due to missing icon in HEAD

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 19:29:16 EDT 2008

Gary Sherman wrote:
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> /home/gsherman/development/qgis_1.0/build/images/themes/default/cmake_install.cmake:62:
>
> FILE INSTALL cannot find file
> "/home/gsherman/development/qgis_1.0/images/themes/default/mActionSelectPan.png"
> to install.

You need to regenerate the Makefiles using cmake to get around this.

Some dependencies contain * instead of a list of filenames. Since adding
or deleting a file doesn't involve editing a CMakeLists.txt file, cmake
doesn't know it has to regenerate the Makefiles.

I have no idea how to specify this rule but when * is used in a rule,
thee should be another rule that states the list generated from *
depends on the modification date of the directory containing *.

The ui files, image files and grass modules are places where I have
encountered this message but there could be others.

Tom