[Qgis-developer] Plugin repositories for 1.0

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:29:09 EDT 2008

Borys (et al.),
> So I imagine we need to:
> 1. open the two new repositories and point the installer to them
> 2. move existing plugins for 1.0 to the new sandbox
> 3. ask plugin authors to update their 0.x plugins and put them to the sandbox
> 4. assign somebody to be a sandbox admin to keep everything correct and clean

Point 4 here is an important one, and I would volunteer for this
position if no one else has already taken it...
> 5. create a committee to qualify plugins to the closed repo
>
> So the first question is where we can open them. Can we ask Spatialserver for
> two more repositories? :) We have all the repo stuff already done there.

This seems the most straight forward, but...
> Unfortunatelly I notice a lack of Spatialserver connection about every week.
> The problems aren't ever prolonged so it's usable, just may be annoying for
> some users... So should we move to another location? Only if anybody any
> better idea now. Time is short :)

I could volunteer ftools.ca (where I currently have my own repository),
but I don't have a huge amount of server space for it. Eventually I will
move it to my own server, but in the mean time it may not be as reliable
as we would want...