[Qgis-developer] 1.1 and 1.0.1 Release plans & feature freeze

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 1 19:37:45 EDT 2009

Hi all

QGIS 1.0.1 Release Plans:
- ------------------------

Some of you may already have 1.0.1 down as a distant memory, even though
it still hasnt been formally announced yet. This is by design rather
than ommission as I want to have a Windows build all in one installer to
accompany it. One of the major pieces of feedback I got with the 1.0.0
build is that people really missed the all in one standalone installer.

Since several of us now have QGIS building under MSVC, and I have the
nsis packager Marco did working with the MSVC built QGIS, we are on the
home strait to having an all in on installer ready over the next week or
so -  at which point I will put the package online and announce the release.

I will give 1.0.2 a month or so for additional bugfixes to come in (dont
forget to patch your changes into the stable branch where appropriate).

QGIS 1.1 Release Plans:
- ------------------------

I would like to request that we feature freeze one week from today
(Thursday 9 April).

Following that we will have a two week period for stabilisation and
translations with code freeze and creation of 1.1 branch on 23 April.

Following the branch creation, I will put out a call for packaging with
the aim of making release announcements around 4 May 2009.

Please let me know if there are any problems with these timings. I will
be updating the 1.1 release checklist over the weekend and will post a
link then.

Lots of nifty new things to look forward to in 1.1....so take the chance
of this week to get your cool new features in!

Regards

- --

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services