[Qgis-developer] 1.1 and 1.0.1 Release plans & feature freeze

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Apr 2 03:14:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

from the documentation side we had a meeting yesterday and decided that we want
to follow the unstable QGIS releases (1.1, 1.2 ...) with unstable doc releases.
At the hackfest we were thinking about a way how documenter can easily find out
in SVN what is new and should go into the documentation.

One idea, that I prefere and seems to be simple, is that developers indicate
with a short SVN commit comment, such as [MANUAL] or sth. else, if something is
added, update or enhancement that should be mentioned in the manual. Then we
can grep it from svn and know where to search for the new feature or feature
update/enhancement.

Please tell us, if you agree with this procedure and maybe Tim can add some
notes to the CODING guide then. It would save us a lot of time! For features
that are already committed to trunk for the 1.1 release, it would be great if
you send a short comment to the community list, so we don't miss it.

BTW: I hope we can establish this as a general arrangement, because also for the
stable 1.0.x versions, I think it would make sense to add the SVN commit comment
[MANUAL], if it is a feature update/enhancement that should go into the manual.

Any other ideas are welcome.

regards,
 Otto