[Qgis-developer] Mrsid business

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:52:42 EDT 2009

The question is not whether we like those formats, the question is that in
Catalonia we have 303 1:25000 RC orthoimages + 303*4 1:5000 RC orthoimages,
acquired at least twice in most of the country, actually 4 times in many
cases,
+ additional cover in 1:25000 CIR for most of the country, some of it
twice. All this
is freely distributed by our mapping agency as MrSid format.
Therefore, there is simply no room for a system not being able to read
this imagery here.

I do not know for the rest of Spain, but at least for Andalucia the
situation
is similar. I can look into it in more detail. I'm not sure which is the
situation
in other European countries, can try to look into that as well.

And the data in the zulu server are 2 worldwide coverages of landsat
images. Not
insignificant either.

Agus