[Qgis-developer] 1.1 and 1.0.1 Release plans & feature freeze

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Apr 2 17:57:25 EDT 2009

Hi

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> Hi all
>>

>> QGIS 1.0.1 Release Plans:
>> ------------------------
>> I will give 1.0.2 a month or so for additional bugfixes to come in (dont
>> forget to patch your changes into the stable branch where appropriate).
>>
>> QGIS 1.1 Release Plans:
>> ------------------------
>> Lots of nifty new things to look forward to in 1.1....so take the chance
>> of this week to get your cool new features in!
>
> Thanks a lot Tim.
> Will 1.0.1 release be based on the "old" code at the time of initial
> release, or will it include recent patches?

No it will be the codebase as it was at time of the 1.0.1 branching.
1.0.2 will include more recent patches.

> All devs, can you point out which will be the main new features of 1.1,
> so testing will be concentrated on these? I know of the SpatiaLite
> provider from Sandro, which seems to work smoothly, of the diagrams from
> Marco, and BEATA

This name will be changed before release to comply with QGIS naming
guidelines.

 from Martin (I'm having issues on this with GRASS
> tables, more testing later). Anything else?

There is Godofredo's new add vector dialog. There are the proper theme
support updates for core plugins from Borys. There are updates to the
plugin installer. No doubt there are a heap of other things that dont
immediately come to mind...

> All the best, and many thanks.

Regards

- --