[Qgis-developer] allowing comments in delimited text layer plugin?

Christian Gunning icos.atropa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 00:03:37 EDT 2009

I'm interesting in adding the ability to handle comments for the
delimited text layer plugin.  In Excel and openoffice, comments are
handled by specifying the line number to start at.  In R, a comment
character can be specified, defaulting to #. Python's csv.reader does
not have default comment handling, but it doesn't take much code.

Would this be useful to anyone else?

Also, where does the source live?  I poked around in svn and checked
the plugin repositories, but i didn't see it.

thanks,
christian