[Qgis-developer] the main window title

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Apr 12 09:06:46 EDT 2009

Hi Borys

Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Hi List (mainly Tim),
> I wonder whether it's a good idea to show the version number in the title bar.
> It's convenient if we run various versions, but it takes a lot of place and
> looks bad. Especially in a 'mac-style' menu, where it's also put as the first
> menu. See the screenshot: http://www.bwj.aster.net.pl/temp/qgiswindowtitle.png

Hving the version in the title bar is a useful reminder of which QGIS
version you are using. Under a 'real' mac osx it shows only 'QGIS' in
the top menu bar, so your KDE menu bar isnt a faithful replica.

That said we could look at changing this in the next release cycle
because I do appreciate that 'normal' users probably dont care to see
that extra stuff there....

Regards

Tim