[Qgis-developer] the main window title

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Apr 12 09:32:02 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hving the version in the title bar is a useful reminder of which QGIS
> version you are using. Under a 'real' mac osx it shows only 'QGIS' in
> the top menu bar, so your KDE menu bar isnt a faithful replica.
>
> That said we could look at changing this in the next release cycle
> because I do appreciate that 'normal' users probably dont care to see
> that extra stuff there....

 With a little iface.mainWindow().setWindowTitle(...) magic we can set
the title bar to anything from a python plugin. So when you've decided
on a sensible default we can let the advanced user have a title that
can be anything, with version and project strings being replacements
of %v, %p, and so on.

That should keep everyone happy, and might make a nice simple plugin
project for a beginner.

Barry