[Qgis-developer] broken lupdate...

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Apr 20 05:16:44 EDT 2009

Hi Borys,

On Mon, 20. Apr 2009 at 01:24:36 +0200, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> In the ts files (at least in the Polish one) all <numerusform>
> translations has been damaged:
>
>     <message numerus="yes">
>         <source>Found %n matching feature(s).</source>
>         <comment>test result</comment>
>         <translation type="unfinished">
>             <numerusform>Znaleziono %n pasuj?cych obiektów.
>
>         </numerusform>
>             <numerusform></numerusform>
>             <numerusform></numerusform>
>         </translation>
>     </message>

> As you see,
> 1. translation status has been changed from finished to unfinished
> 2. two new empty lines has been added after the singular form
> 3. both plural forms was removed.

> I don't know when it was broken (no time for analysing svn logs this
> night), but definitely one of us has a weird lupdate ;) I remember
> there was the same problem in the past year.

Looks like that happend back in r10444.  There all ts language tags were
removed from the ts files there and therefore all numerusforms - as
there number is language specific - were removed then or in subsequent
lupdate runs.  I also like to know how that happened.

To potentially avoid other problems, we've seen with the ts files and
Qt4.5, I ran update_ts_files.sh with lupdate from Qt 4.5rc1 yesterday.
After that I readded the language tags.  Thinking of it now, before
would have made more sense, if the numerusform would have been still
intact.  But at least for the polish translation, that wasn't the case.

I also noticed in the past that line references (ie. locations) come and
go - leading to huge changesets with just little, but harder to identify
actual change.

Probably it's best if translation commiters would look at the diffs
before commiting, try to investigate why they are seeing such
systematically changes, if the do. And in doubt ask for help here.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden