[Qgis-developer] Primary Key detection enhancements: can it be merged in the 1.1 release?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Apr 28 19:22:26 EDT 2009

Hi

On 28 Apr 2009, at 11:26 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jürgen just provided a useful enhancement which speeds up project
> when complex Postgis Views/Tables are involved. It solved my issue
> where a
> project previously loaded in 3-4 minutes and after the enhancement it
> loads in 10 seconds.
>
> I would like to ask if this can still be merged into the 1.1
> release, even
> after the branch from the SVN trunk. This is very important. I am
> not the
> only one suffering from the bad performance when loading project files
> with complex Postgis tables/views. At least 2-3 other persons also
> reported that this is an issue for them.
>
> I think this is worth investing the extra work required for
> reviewing this
> enhancement and merging this into the 1.1 official release.
>
> See the thread starting at
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2009-April/005182.html
> for more
> information.
>
> Thanks for your consideration and best wishes,
> Andreas

I answered this previously, but just to make sure you saw my reply I
will repeat it here. Since the 1.1 release is already in packaging
process and made its way into some repos, we will have to release this
as 1.1.1 which we can set in motion as soon as I return from Brasil on
the 4th of May.

Until the 1.1 release is gone out the 1.1 branch should be frozen
except for packaging related commits otherwise we will have confusion
with some platforms having the fix and others not.

Regards

Tim