[Qgis-developer] OSX + Qt 4.5 font problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 5 22:05:31 EDT 2009

Hey, long time no see!

r11280 did the trick.  Non-native font dialog is now used again and
font setting sticks.

you da man

On Aug 5, 2009, at 8:33 PM, Tom Elwertowski wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> For the font problem in labelling, I wonder if it has something to
>> do with the fact that Qt 4.5 now uses native font selection dialog
>> on OSX
>
> I haven't been closely monitoring QGIS recently. Since you offered a
> theory that was easy to check, I checked.
>
> QFontDialog for Qt 4.5/Mac uses a new Cocoa implementation which
> appears to work for some fonts in a 64-bit build but not at all in a
> 32-bit build (at least within QGIS).
>
>> So maybe the font spec is returned in an OSX form?  Or something
>> like that?
>
> Qt provides access functions and QGIS uses them so the problems are
> within QFontDialog.
>
> The fix is to force use of the Qt non-native font dialog (same as Qt
> 4.4) in 32-bit builds until QFontDialog is fixed.
>
> Tom

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy