[Qgis-developer] OSX + Qt 4.5 font problem

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Wed Aug 5 21:33:25 EDT 2009

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> For the font problem in
> labelling, I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Qt 4.5
> now uses native font selection dialog on OSX

I haven't been closely monitoring QGIS recently. Since you offered a
theory that was easy to check, I checked.

QFontDialog for Qt 4.5/Mac uses a new Cocoa implementation which appears
to work for some fonts in a 64-bit build but not at all in a 32-bit
build (at least within QGIS).

> So maybe the font spec is returned in an OSX form?  Or something like that?

Qt provides access functions and QGIS uses them so the problems are
within QFontDialog.

The fix is to force use of the Qt non-native font dialog (same as Qt
4.4) in 32-bit builds until QFontDialog is fixed.

Tom